July 18, 2005 - Phil Hodgen

U.S. citizen self-employed abroad and social security tax

A self-employed U.S. citizen living outside the U.S. faced double Social Security tax payments: to the United States and to the country in which he worked. We advised his accountants on how to eliminate U.S. Social Security tax on his self-employment income.

Americans Living Abroad Tax and Trusts