Let’s Have a Conversation +1 (626) 689-0060


How To Report An Accumulation Distribution From A Foreign Nongrantor Trust

When a U.S. beneficiary receives a distribution from a foreign trust, the way the distribution is taxed depends on whether the trustee gives the beneficiary the right paperwork. This presentation looks at the all-too-common scenario where a trustee does not provide the necessary paperwork to prevent bad tax results. Learn how to calculate the accumulation distribution under the default rules, how to compute the tax to the beneficiary, and how to prepare the tax forms to report the distribution.

Presenter: Debra Rudd

Materials: Dropbox