Similar Posts

One Comment

  1. Phil – Thanks for the kind words. I think we’re probably closer to agreement than disagreement. I agree that the “rules” are not precise. I don’t know on what fact pattern I can tell a client “Yes, you qualify. Don’t worry about it.” But, yes, there are circumstances where I think sticking your head in the lion’s mouth, and hoping he won’t bite, is a reasonable thing to do. (After all, I did get married!)

Comments are closed.

Tax laws change over time, and the information in this post above may be less accurate today than it was at the time of the last revision. This post is not tax advice for your specific situation. Please contact an international tax professional to get personalized advice for your situation.