We are looking for a part-time, in-house bookkeeping clerk to join our team.
You need a brain. You must be organized. You will need to know your way around computers (we are an Apple shop). You will be responsible for clerical functions related to payables and receivables. You will be expected to maintain a high degree of accuracy in your work and have impeccable communication skills.
We do international tax only. We are exceptionally busy. Our clients are from all over the world, and when their affairs touch the United States, that’s where we help.
This is a part-time position. You will be responsible for two areas in the office: Payables and Receivables. Job responsibilities include:
- Scan and file bills incoming by mail
- Monitor bookkeeper’s email for incoming bills. Scan and file.
- Keep track of what bills should be received, prepare a list of regular bills and their due dates, and follow up on missing invoices
- Make timely payment of all invoices
- Prepare paper checks and online payments for approval
- Maintain minimum client account balances by making timely funds requests from clients
- Prepare reports to clients and to the firm on how funds are dispersed
- Communicate by phone and email with vendors regarding payments
- Follow up and resolve any out-of-the-ordinary transactions
- Maintain accurate records of various payable functions
- Collect W-9’s or vendor forms for vendors
- Input vendor data into accounting system
- Prepare firm billing for clients
- Communicate with clients about receivables and coordinate payments
- Prepare deposits for the bank
- Book payments on invoices
- Alert team members when client trust account balances are reaching a minimum allowable balance
- Follow up on receivables in a timely fashion to ensure collection
- Prepare receivables reports for the firm
- Prepare invoice reports and trust statements for clients
- Research and correct problems and discrepancies
- Maintain accurate records of communications with clients and client trust account balances
- Support CPA and accounting personnel
- Clear communications with Accounting Manager for proper booking of transactions
- Prepare other reports requested by personnel
- Maintain standard operating procedures for bookkeeping clerk functions and update periodically
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Other tasks as assigned
- Minimum associates degree or equivalent.
- You must be able to commit to a regular and reliable schedule.
- 1-2 years experience in an accounting clerk position highly desired.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED
If you read through this and thought “hey that’s me,” we welcome you to submit an application. We are looking to bring someone on soon.
Please apply below, or click here to complete the application.