This is unrelated to anything in the international tax world. I give it to you just because lawyers are always generating waivers, disclaimers, and other “don’t blame me if your hair spontaneously combusts” warnings. This warning is from the tech world, and it beats anything I’ve ever seen from a law firm.
Linode is rolling out a new product, and they’re looking for beta testers. Here is their warning for would-be participants in the beta test:
- It’s only in Newark right now
- We’ll move one of your existing Linodes to one of these special hosts
- There are limited slots available
- This is experimental
- You might lose all of your data
- Participate at your own risk
- You really should have backups
- Expect the unexpected
- This may cut you
- Chicks dig scars
I’m jealous. Expect to see thinly-disguised versions of this in our new Legal Services Agreements.
Happy weekend to all.